Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Alternative Hardware [was: Re: A Humble Request.

From: Rafael Diniz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Alternative Hardware [was: Re: A Humble Request.... - "Open-Hardware"]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:30:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,
Just my 2 cents:
It's possible to use gnuradio with the soundcard as a receiver / transmitter.

Most of the people that listens to DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale) in the
shortwaves band just buy small tuners that just downconverts the desired
frequency to 12kHz for soundcard input, like this one:
http://www.pappradio.de

Or you just use your normal AM/FM transmitter and downconverts the FI of
the radio to 12kHz using for example this box:
http://www.electronicspecialtyproducts.com/dm1.html

I'll be able to use gnuradio to inspect and analyze any narrowband signal
you want just with a sound card and inexpensive hardware.

Best regards,
Rafael Diniz