[Discuss-gnuradio] Parallel programming

From: sirjanselot
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Parallel programming
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 07:52:30 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

I've been writing my own signal processing blocks and I noticed that
gnuradio only uses one of my cores.

I'm not sure if it is using just one core for my blocks or for all
processing.

Is gnuradio written to take advantage of  multicore processing?

I have been writing my blocks in generic c++ code, but now I am looking to
write my blocks using multithreading/multicore processing.  However, I am
new to this and would like some advice on how to approach this.

I have an Intel 8-Core Xenon in my PC (I don't know the exact model but I
believe the clock rate works around 2.8 Ghz).  What libraries should I use?
I have been looking into Intel Thread Building Blocks, but I am wondering
what people mainly use for gnuradio.

Please let me know.

Thanks