Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_qtgui, SWIG. QT Signals and such

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_qtgui, SWIG. QT Signals and such
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:47:28 +0100

Greetings,

Few months ago I started experimenting with using Qt and the gr-qtgui
component and I found it to be much easier to work with that wxPython.

I found the additional controls to be useful when they are needed but
they take up quite a lot pf vertical space. In the present
configuration they consume about 1/3 of the vertical space and this
doesn't leave much room for application widgets on e.g. laptop screens
which are usually limited to less than 800 pixels.

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Mike Cornelius <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 2:42 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:53 AM, Mike Cornelius <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> - Added a center frequency marker and interface
>>> - Changed zoomer to use drag select rather than click select
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by this. Probably GUI lingo that I'm not
>> familiar with. Could you explain?
>
> The CF marker is a vertical line in the centre of the spectrum plot window,
> it's a handy visual tuning aid (like Marker->CF on an a spectrum analyser).

May I suggest to make it a generic marker that can be placed anywhere
not just at the center. Also, enabling the major grids of the QwtPlot
widget will add a vertical line at 0.

> Presently the zoom function in gr_qtgui works as 'click - drag - click' I
> changed it to 'button down - drag - button up'

To me 'button down - drag - button up' already zooms on all gr-qtgui
plots. 'click - drag - click' does nothing...
I wonder if this is some desktop specific setting? I use Gnome desktop.

Alex