[Discuss-gnuradio] MIMO-OFDM 2x1 Alamouti code.

From: mmena
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] MIMO-OFDM 2x1 Alamouti code.
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 20:50:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Maybe this question has already been done, but I didn't found any relevant
information about it. I want to implement a MIMO OFDM system (2X1) with
the Alamouti's code in the URSP one, but so far I've only been able to run
an OFDM system using the benchmark_ofdm_tx.py and benchmark_ofdm_rx.py
codes.

The system that I'll implement consist in two RFX2200 cards in the same
USRP working as the transmitter and one RFX2200 in another USRP working as
a receiver.

I really donĀ“t know how I can connect the two RFX2200 cards in the first
USRP one to sincronize them, because I tried to implement the alamouti
code and I need both of them transmitting at the same time, then in the
receiver use the Alamouti decoding to obtain the information sent. I once
read that it had to connect both RFX2200 card with a wired link in order
to sincronize them, is this correct or how I can sincronize them, or if
need a cable how I can make the connection with the RFX2200 cards ?

I want to ask too if there are any MIMO-OFDM implementation in GNURadio, I
was checking and I didn't found any related to this.

I hope someone can help or guide me with my doubts, any link, information
or answer will be helpful.

Thks in advance.