Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX How to use a 32 MHz signal band?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX How to use a 32 MHz signal band?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:16:09 -0500

What would be the best way to work with a 32 MHz band resulting from USRP2?
I guess, since the minimum decimation rate is 4 (resulting in a 25 MHz
signal band), some kind of interpolation will be required or maybe
resampling?!
Any ideas on how to proceed?
Thanks in advance!

Vlad.
The maximum bandwidth over the GiGE interface is 25Msps. If you want to do processing at higher bandwidths, you'll have to dive into the UHD code and move to smaller samples (8-bits x 2 instead of 16-bits x 2), or do your processing on the FPGA. Either approach will require modifying significant swaths of code on the FPGA.

Also, doing anything significant to a datastream arriving at 25Msps on the host will require a CPU that's up to the task. My IRA radio astronomy code, which does spectral and radiometry measurements can just-barely keep up at 12.5Msps
  on a 4-core Phenom II running flat-out at 3.2GHz.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator