Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting started and documentation beyond dialtone

From: Ronaldo Nunez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting started and documentation beyond dialtone.py ?
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 00:31:28 -0200

Hello,  Madengr!

First, you made an excellent investment! The USRP2 is a very powerful
peripheral to get introduced to the SDR world.
By the way, I want to write a little documentation about his
architecture (explaining what's implemented in the FPGA, how it
communicates to the host and etc.) There is a lot of documentation in
ask-answer format, that is good enough, but I personally prefer to saw
graphs and diagrams.

Don't worry about python programming... It's very easy! I recommend
you the official documentation available at python.org. If you are not
familiar with oriented object programming, this pdf may help you:
http://www.clear.rice.edu/mech517/Books/oop3.pdf
As an IDE, I recommend you the PyDev plugin for Eclipse. You'll take
some time to become familiar with hios enviroment but as more you use
it as quick you'll enjoy its helpful tools(integration to CVS, for
example).

Ronaldo