[Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Problem...usrp2 no control response

From: Justin Bracken
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Problem...usrp2 no control response
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:23:53 -0500

Hello All,

I think I have configured my USRP2 correctly and according to "UHD-USRP2 Application Notes". Im at the point where I can command line ping each usrp2. I see the link activity leds flash and recieve responses from the USRP2. It appears that it does this for each card and each corresponding USRP2 connected to that card. That is I have 2 usrp2s each one is connected to its own gigabit ethernet card.

My problem now is that when I start GRC and try to use the usrp2s I have a problem with the USRP2 on eth1. the one on eth0 works fine. For the eth1 I get "usrp2 no control response"  What do I do next?

In GRC, I see the single usrp2 block and the multi-usrp2 block. my understanding is the multi block is for soft-mimo. Do I have to use one or the other or can I use either or? That is a single usrp2 tx/rx block for each usrp2 tx or usrp2 rx node. So if I want one tx and two rx I would have 3 single usrp2 blocks, 2 recieve or source blocks, and 1 transmit or sink block.

Or is it that because I have two USRP2 connected to one pc running GRC I MUST use the multi-usrp2 block.

Please help, Im starting to learn this new version of GRC so I may be making a newbie mistake or be plain confused. I have searched on the error and it seems that people are discussing a python version of it but that was in september. So I don't know if thats relvant to me. I do eventually plan on having one USRP2 as a transciever. And it sounds relevant to that but is that an old and hopefully dead bug?

Thanks,
Justin