[Discuss-gnuradio] Weird error in gnuradio block related to gr.file_sour

From: John Andrews
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Weird error in gnuradio block related to gr.file_source
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 11:13:49 -0700

Hi,
I am confused with the error that I am having in my block.

I have two files that I use for testing the gnuradio block that I am developing. The input (type gr_complex) to the block is a gr.file_source and I use 4092 input_items that I store in a buffer to work in the general_work function. In order to make sure that I was reading the files correctly and storing the input items in the buffer properly I did a file write operation using (fopen, fwrite) and write the input read in the block into a binary file. Later I compare the input file and the newly written file expecting them to be the same. Strangely, when I use the first test file I have no problem but when using the second test file the later half of the data is not the same. Half of the data in the newly written file doesn't match the data in the input file used.

I am utterly confused. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks
John