Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Does anybody have sucessfully installed GNURadio

From: David Evans
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Does anybody have sucessfully installed GNURadio on Windows
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 11:14:13 -0700 (PDT)

How about USRP2 and UHD?

Cheers,
Dave

----- Original Message ----
From: Don Ward <address@hidden>
To: Matt Dunstan <address@hidden>; discuss gnuradio
<address@hidden>
Sent: Mon, 1 November, 2010 1:28:26
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Does anybody have sucessfully installed
GNURadio
on Windows

Matt Dunstan wrote:

> OK, I really don't know what to do with that GNU Radio. I tried to install
> it many times with CygWin and MinGW but no success, this is why I have this
> question: does anybody have sucessfully installed GNU Radio on Windows OS

Yes, I have installed it on Windows many times using both Cygwin and MinGW, and
run it on Windows routinely.

> (on
> the site of Ettus Research it's written: it works under Win 7, XP ...)? or
>maybe
> everybody is working under Linux and I shouldn't try to install GNU Radio on
> Windows because I waste my time as I did in the last 3 month.

Have you followed the instructions at
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/CygwinInstallMain or
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/MingwInstallMain?  Have you asked for
help?  It is true that both Cygwin and MinGW and the required third-party
libraries can change over time and cause things to stop working, but if you
report problems to this list someone will try to help.

Best regards,

-- Don W.