Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD source output double precision

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD source output double precision
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:31:20 -0700

There are no double or complex double blocks in gnuradio, so the support is not added into grc for such types.

If you make custom blocks with double types, you can set the type to byte in grc xml file, and set the vector length to be the number of bytes in your type.

Only the the io signature must match, so the length in bytes must be identical when connecting, gnuradio does not know anything about the data type.

Out of curiosity, why the need for double precision?

-Josh