Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GNU Radio without actual hardware and simu

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GNU Radio without actual hardware and simulated inputs
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:01:29 -0500

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Jeffrey Lambert <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 6/18/2010 12:37 PM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>         Is it possible to simulate the RF signal input part using a
>> digitized waveform file, and use GNU Radio to process the signal?
>
> Yes.  There are also built in functions to generate a signal if you don't
> have a pre-recorded one.  Or if you like, you can use a sound card as a
> source.

Additionally you can find OTA captures around the net which can be
read the same way a USRP is, but offline.  Michael Gray had a bunch,
but his website seems to be down since he died.  I'm not sure if
anyone saved those or not.  I think there are a bunch of GSM captures
floating around too.

Also, If you are researching something specific you can reach out to
others in the community doing similar research and see if they can
capture a specific data set for you.

Jason