Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Long-running app getting into trouble

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Long-running app getting into trouble
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 01:33:27 -0400

On 05/31/2010 12:58 AM, Eric Blossom wrote:

> When it wedges, does it continue to consume CPU, or does it appear to
> be blocked?

Oooh, I forgot to check that, but clearly another clue that needs to be
gathered!
> When it wedges, you should be able to attach to it with gdb.
> Run gdb on /usr/bin/python, then attach it to the PID that corresponds
> to your app.
>
> (gdb) attach <pid>
> (gdb) thread apply all bt
>
> will generate a backtrace for all threads.
>
> Eric

Thanks for the tip!  Will definitely do that next time it happens.
Really want to understand this
  one and nip it in the aggravating little bud!

My intuition is telling me that it's weirdness in ALSA, but that's just
a gut feeling.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium