[Discuss-gnuradio] External Clock in GRC

From: Damien S.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] External Clock in GRC
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 05:28:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I'm trying to use the external clock input of the USRP2. Since i'm using
GRC, i tried to modify the xml usrp2_source block (the usrp2_source_xxxx.xml
file) to add this feature. This is what I did:
I added a <-PARAM> section:
        <-param>
                <name>Clock type</name>
                <key>clk_type</key>
                <type>enum</type>
                <option>
                        <name>Internal</name>
                        <key>internal</key>
                        <opt>fcn:usrp2.MC_WE_DONT_LOCK</opt>
                </option>
                <option>
                        <name>External</name>
                        <key>external</key>
                        <opt>fcn:usrp2.MC_WE_LOCK_TO_SMA</opt>
                </option>
        <-/param>
And i added this command in the <make> section:
self.$(id).config_mimo($clk_type.fcn)

Can you tell me if there is a chance for this to work ? And if i am using
the good command to use the external clock (i read that it was also possible
to modify the firware to use the external clock) ?

Thanks in advance.
Damien S.