Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: USRP2 and FLEX900

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: USRP2 and FLEX900
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:20:57 -0700

Thanks, does your response mean that I can use usrp2 (with usrp2 driver)
in full duplex
mode, its just that I have no control over the ports...so if receive or
xmit only

yes, note the following:

* if you receive only, then TX/RX is the receive antenna port.
* if you transmit and receive, then RX2 is the receive antenna port.

the switching is done automatically by the fpga's ATR registers.

tx/rx port is used (and I make no calls to set_antenna or
set_rx_antenna) and if
doing duplex tx/rx is used for xmit and rx2 is used for receive? Also, does
this work for both wbx and rfx900.

yes, same for wbx and rfx series. You can do full duplex.

Or does it mean I cant do duplex unless I use UHD?

The main difference as far as antenna switching is concerned is that the UHD lets you select the RX antenna when doing a receive only. The same rules above apply when transmitting. http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/dboards.html#rfx-series

-Josh