[Discuss-gnuradio] Make Error when installing to Karmic

From: William Pretty Security Inc
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Make Error when installing to Karmic
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 22:43:43 -0700

I did what I thought was a standard install from git. However when I tried to “Make” I got the attached error.

libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6b, but the

libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.6.

libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.2.6b

libtool: and run autoconf again

I didn’t see any errors during bootstrap or configure, but I also didn’t pipe the screen output  to a file, so I can’t be sure.

It appears to me that libtool version problem. I’m not sure if this is due to the git or something else.

I used the “sudo apt-get –y install …” install script in the wiki under Karmic. Just like before.

I’m thinking somebody should look into this before you get a flood of emails J

Thanks …

Bill