Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which version of UHD firmware should I be using?

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which version of UHD firmware should I be using?
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 10:48:25 -0700

On 05/09/2010 12:40 AM, Charles Brain wrote:
Hello,

I am a bit confused, there seems to be two versions of the UHD firmware
a "Raw Ethernet version" and a "UDP version". I am about to try and move
my USRP2 application to UHD and I was wondering which version I should be
using? I have a USRP2 and a WBX board.

Everything is here:

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/wiki/U2binaries

For the FPGA there are 2 versions. One is raw ethernet, and works with the mainline GNU Radio code. The other is UDP. The UDP image is for use with UHD and for some other deprecated versions which you are not using, but some of my customers are, which do UDP without the UHD.

For the firmware, there are 7 versions. If you are using raw ethernet, chose from one of the 3 for it based on which daughterboard you are using. If you are using UHD, choose the UHD version. The remaining 3 versions are for use with UDP without UHD, which is deprecated.

Matt