Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Full-duplex WBX

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Full-duplex WBX
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:37:06 -0700

Thanks, Matt.
I'm doing such a test:
The RX2 port of WBX is connected to the ouput of an AWG, which generates
a sine signal. And the TX/RX port is connected to a DPO, so that the
transmitted signals can be captured on the screen. The output of the AWG
is also connected to the DPO.
The USRP2 was simply powered on and no program was running.
On the DPO, the generated sine signal from AWG was observed, as
expected. *Moreover, it was also observed that the TX/RX port of WBX was
also transmitting the same waveform (sine signal) that was received on
the RX2 port. *Is this normal?
Evan

I'm not sure what you think you are seeing, or what you could hope to find out with such a test. It's like saying "my computer doesn't work" when you haven't loaded an operating system. I think what you are seeing is an artifact of your measuring setup.

Why don't you try actually running a program and see if it works?

Matt