Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timer & Button in GRC

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timer & Button in GRC
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 19:19:44 -0700

On 05/01/2010 06:48 PM, William Pretty Security Inc wrote:
Two Questions:

1)      GRC comes with a slider but no command button (like the one with
usrp_probe). Is there an easy way to add one to GRC ?

The variable chooser implements a button.

Do I have to add one afterward using a python editor ??

As a general rule, do not edit a generated file. You can always create custom python modules or blocks and import them into grc.

        2)     Is there any way to implement a timer event with GRC ?  I want
to step the "frequency" variable in USRP Source and the "baseband frequency"
variable in

                 FFT Sink at say two second intervals to simulate a scanner .

   Or is there a better way to d number 2 ???

I would use the signal source to generate a triangle wave, and connect that to a variable sink. Where the variable controls the frequency of the usrp source.

-Josh