[Discuss-gnuradio] Components of BasicTX

From: Mathias Coinchon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Components of BasicTX
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 05:08:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am using BasicTX daughterboard to generate a VHF signal around 228MHz.
For this a complex signal is generated at -28MHz  leading normally to harmonic
components at
128MHz-28=100MHz
256-28MHz=228MHz (wanted signal)
384-28MHz=356MHz

However looking at the spectrum (see attached), I still see powerful components
at
128+28=156MHz
256+28=284MHz

Is it normal or is is a missconfiguration from my side or an I/Q gain inbalance
?
Is there a way to avoid these 156 and 284MHz components ? (they are hard to
filter compared to other one actually)

Thank you

Mathias