Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building 802.11 BBN USRP2 version code:

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building 802.11 BBN USRP2 version code: libraries
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 12:41:20 -0500

Change all "import Numeric" lines to "import numpy" in the python files.

- George

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Juan Ramon Gutierrez Agullo <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I've been trying to build BBN 802.11b code (USRP2 version) from CGRAN,
but I haven't had success. I have a problem with Python (2.6) importing
libraries from bbn_80211b_pkt. I've run ./bootstrap, ./configure, make
and make install in the folder bbn_80211/usrp2_version.

- My GNU Radio version is 3.2.2 and BBN's recommended version is 3.1.1,
maybe that's the problem?
- If I open python interpreter and I type "from gnuradio import *", it
works but if I open python and I type "from bbn_82011b_pkt import *" I
get this (for example when I'm trying to run the example
bbn_80211b_tx.py or bbn_80211b_rx.py:

File "bbn_80211b_pkt.py", line 28, in <module>
   import Numeric
ImportError: No module named Numeric

I've been reading this list, and python tutorial but I don't know
where's the problem. I figure out that Python doesn't have access to BBN
or Numpy libraries but I don't know how to do it. I've all GNU Radio
external dependencies installed successfully and Scipy (and Numpy)
libraries too.

Thank you for your time.
--
Juan Ramon Gutierrez Agullo <address@hidden>