RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] First-timer Question

From: Mr. mollasadra
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] First-timer Question
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:48:21 +0000

Hey George,

I remember when I had the same exact problem as you, trying to install gnuradio
on a virtual machine for the convenience
(had to switch to FC5 to make sure GNU radio on VMware was possible, and surely
it was) until I finally decided to use a native system instead (as you might
know the limitation that a virtual machine imposes on gnuradio in general just
make it not worth it).

As Cameron has said in the parent posts, to install gnuradio the easy way on a
fresh installation of FC8 (instead of going through and making it)
is to do:

$ yum install gnuradio
$ yum install gnuradio-examples

that worked for me. The path where it installed the examples for me was:

/usr/share/gnuradio/examples/

and if you try out "audio/dial_tone.py", it should work.
now the next step - at least for me - was to get the USRP board to communicate
with GNU radio so for example
"usrp/usrp_wfm_rcv.py" would work, and for that I'm waiting for Cameron's
answer again.

hope that helped.

MR. M