Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with scopesink

From: Chiara De Dominicis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with scopesink
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 17:06:59 +0200

Thanks!
Now everything works
Chiara

2008/5/14 Josh Blum <address@hidden>:

This is the working code but if I comment the last line the scopesink seems
"freezed" and I can' t even close it.

Chiara,

The audio sink effectively throttles your data streams to the "sampling_freq". When you remove the audio sink, the computer has no limitation on the rate at which it streams data from block to block... the CPU usage jumps to 100% and the gui struggles to respond to user input (hence the freezing).

Place a "gr.throttle(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, sampling_rate)" block right after the "gr.sig_source_c" to artificially throttle the data stream.

What's wrong with my code?
Can I use scope_sink_c instead of scope_sink_f? How?

Change the scope to:

scope = scopesink2.scope_sink_c(panel,"Input -> USRP", sampling_freq, num_inputs=1)
self.connect(src0, scope)

-Josh

Thanks in advance
Chiara