Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp not found until power cycled

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp not found until power cycled
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:07:14 -0700

Jiri Pittner wrote:

> I just obtained a brand new USRP and it seems to work fine (so far WFM via
> TVRRX tested),
> however, after the python script ends, fffe:0002 disappears from lsusb
> and gnuradio cannot find the USRP until I cycle the usrp power.
> I am running gnuradio 3.0.2 on a up-to-date gentoo with 2.6.21 kernel.

This is a known bug in the USRP firmware affecting versions 3.0.3 and
older when using Linux kernel 2.6.20 and newer.  You can obtain a
version of GNU Radio with a fix applied by using the Subversion version
control client as documented:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide

The stable branch in the repository that you need to check out is:

http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/releases/3.0

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC