Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Attaching 2 USRP sets to one PC

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Attaching 2 USRP sets to one PC
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:47:24 -0800

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 11:23:17AM -0600, Michael Ford wrote:
> I feel like I've seen this question asked before, but is it possible to
> attach two USRP boards to the same PC, and transmit between the two?
>
> -Michael Ford-

Yes it is.

The first argument to the usrp constructor, which, says which one you
want to open (0, 1, ...).  The interpretation of "which" is OS and libusb
dependent and is kind of vague.  Last time I checked, I believe that
it was a function of the order that the devices were connected.

Another approach is to open each one, then check the serial number to
see if it's the one you want.

  s = u.serial_number()   # returns a string

Also note that the total USB bandwidth of the system (on the order of
32MB/s) is shared by all attached devices.

Eric