Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gmsk in light of fpga modifications

From: Brett Trotter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gmsk in light of fpga modifications
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 03:01:49 -0800 (PST)

Brett Trotter wrote:

> I'm still trying to do gmsk over the LFRX/TX boards and had hoped that my
> fpga modification might help. I can get the tunnel up and ping and even
> copy about 400-600kb of a file over scp, but then all of a sudden, the
> environment deteriorates and the packets stop going through- at first they
> go like crazy, then just a clump at a time with a bunch of no-answers
> in-between, then they stop getting through altogether. What could be going
> on do you suppose? What can I do to make it more stable?

Replying to myself, it seems that if I do an ssh and cat a bunch of data
from /dev/urandom through strings, eventually, the tunnel cant keep up and
data stops streaming. Funny enough though, if I hit a key, it still sends
data. It seems as if the ssh session got out of sync. Another ssh session
running simultaneously, but not actively communicating, remains happy once
the other dies.

I realize ssh probably isn't the best thing to test with, but it happens to
be a quick and easy way to test file sending. The question is, is our tunnel
acknowledging corrupted packets instead of asking for resends? The question
I'm asking ultimately is, what would cause corruption of the ssh session?