Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build errors

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build errors
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:19:52 -0500

Agreed

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 05:45:33PM -0500, Illix wrote:
I'm getting the same problem (as far as I can tell) on an Ubuntu
6.10machine.  The build fails with undefined references in
libmblock.so and libmblock-qa.so.

OK, I've looked at the log file that Bob sent me and compared it to
what I see on my machines.  The difference appears to be something in
libtool.

---snip----
Although they both make the same call to libtool, libtool spits out a
different command line on the two systems.  On Bob's (and I assume
Illix's) machine, the output of libtool contains --rpath (pointing to
the install, not build directory!), whereas my machine lists the
actual paths needed to find the pieces.
I did a test before I read this note. I ran make install in the pmt directory after the mblock make fails. After this bandaid step, if I run make in the trunk directory, the make succeeds. I concur with your analysis. Don't you hate these kinds of issues?

Bob's machine is using
  ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.22 Debian 1.5.22-4 (1.1220.2.365 2005/12/18
22:14:06)

I'm using (SuSE 10.1)

  ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.22 (1.1220.2.365 2005/12/18 22:14:06)

It looks like the Debian folks may have applied some kind of a patch to
libtool 1.5.22 that could be causing the problem.

Can any debian/ubuntu users figure out the difference?  That is,
what's the debian/ubuntu patch, and when and why was it applied?

Thanks,
Eric

Bob

"Taking fun as simply fun and earnestness in earnest shows
how thoroughly thou none of the two discernest." - Piet Hine