Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ramping down (tx_empy continued)

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ramping down (tx_empy continued)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:25:31 -0800

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 09:54:00AM -0800, Brett Trotter wrote:

> an additional note- tested with the original firmware and ctrl+c'ing still
> leaves the sine-wave, with my new firmware, it goes away as desired..

Good.

> I remain perplexed as to why letting the program end normally results in the
> tx_empty not happening or the clock stopping or whatever is causing the
> transmitter to transmit the last sample.

I believe that what's happening is that when it ends normally, the
host library disables the transmit path.  When it's killed with ^C it
just blows out and doesn't disable the transmit path (Note that the
python code handles ^C properly)

Thus, what's happening in the "normal termination" case is that the
tx_chain is disabled, and therefore the zeros that you're inserting
into the head of the tx signal processing path aren't being
processed and never get to the DACs...

So much for the simple solution ;)

Eric