Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USB on OSX?

From: Thomas Schmid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USB on OSX?
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:54:14 +0200

I downgraded my XCode to 2.2.1 but it didn't help. Still, the USRP
does not work. I also tried all the other suggestions, programming in
Mac OS X and look if it works under Linux, but doesn't work either.
Fresh installing GnuRadio, but still doesn't work.

I will now try to reinstall my MacOS on a seperate disc and see if
that might change things.

Thomas

On 8/3/06, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
> Don't know about you, but I find the XCode version thing
> suspicious. What
> have other people reported? Has anybody got it working with XCode
> 2.3 on
> PowerPC?

Once I got the DarwinPorts install script working, I've had GNU Radio
running on various PPC Macs (Dual G4 @ 1.25 GHz; Powerbook G4 @ 800
MHz; multiple Dual G5 @ 2.0 GHz) under XCode 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3, and
OSX 10.4.0 through .7.  There have been very few times when I would
do an update and it either wouldn't compile or wouldn't work, and
those were almost always an issue of stale source codes - resolved by
checking out a fresh version and installing from scratch.
Occasionally it was someone else's "bad" checkin, and those were
almost always resolved w/in a day. - MLD