Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Advice for installing on OSX?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Advice for installing on OSX?
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:18:35 -0700

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 05:55:35PM -0400, Robert Roberts wrote:
> Hey all,
>

> I've been reading the Wiki.  Any Mac users have any tips for installing
> GNURadio/USRP on OSX.  I just got a Mac Mini...
>
> Thanks!
> ~Chris~

I'm not really a Mac user, though I use one occasionally.

At this point, getting GNU Radio up and running on OS/X is a pretty
big chore.  Just resolving all the dependencies takes substantial
sysadmin foo.  (Perhaps I'm just lacking OS/X foo ;)) Also, there
is currently no fast USB interface for OS/X so that although we can
load firmware into the USRP under OS/X, we currently don't have
reliable throughput.

All of these are solvable, and it would be great to have some OS/X
hackers help out on this.  I have a good idea of the general strategy
to make the fast USB stuff work, but we need someone who knows the
user-mode side of IOKit, or wants to learn it.

Eric