[Discuss-gnuradio] Quadrature Sampling

From: Prateek Dayal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quadrature Sampling
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 02:33:45 +0530

Hi,

I have a question involving sampling and bandwidth. In case I sample
say a TV signal using USRP, I can sample the signal and store it as 8
M samples/s real and imag data. There will be no aliasing.

Now if in a gnuradio application, I load this real and imaginary part
and then do a complex_to_float, then shouldn't the sampling rate
requirement go higher. I mean if originally the signal was 7 Mhz, it
was fine to quadrature sample it at 8 Mhz, but after the
complex_to_float, shouldn't this signal require a 14 Mhz sampling rate
(ie., an upconversion).

I hope I have been able to frame my question properly.

--
Prateek Dayal
B.Tech 4th Year

www.geocities.com/pmd_iitgw