[Discuss-gnuradio] Simple Tasks

From: Prateek Dayal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple Tasks
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:46:50 +0530

Hi,

Here it goes :

I want to do some simple things to a signal like

1. Pass it through a comparator so that only the positive part
remians. Its also like passing through a diode

2. Sum up a few samples (say 1000)  of a signal, then reset the sum
and then sum again. (Basically I want to detect a pulse and use it as
a trigger)

3. Lastly how do i create a block that can be triggered by an external
signal. (Say like a pulse). Is there an example of such a block in GNU
Radio ??

So the question is that all the above kind of things, do they need to
be implemented as a FIR filter. I mean should I find out the transfer
function and then implement it. Can I not do it like say sum of an
array or say compare every sample and pass it or stop it like any
other language say matlab.

Regards,

Prateek

--