Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Comb Filter (OT tangent)

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Comb Filter (OT tangent)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:25:13 -0500

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 08:34:22AM -0500, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> Maybe someone here knows how easy this would be to do.... I've been
> thinking of trying to make a "dummy" XVideo mode where it would tell an
> application that the card is doing color transformation from YUV->RGB, but
> it actually doesn't.  If the vid card does sync-on-green, you could
> generate component video directly then.
>
> It seems like it would be a really easy way to get high-quality TVOUT

I don't know much about the signal-level details, but some things that
immediately come to mind:

  - since (if I understand this correctly) you're talking about using an
    RGB framebuffer and the RGB signal lines to generate YPrPb signals,
    are the RGB voltage ranges going to be what you need?

  - it would most likely work for progressive scan.  Do you also need
    the interlaced component formats?

There are some simple circuit designs floating around for DIY
RGB->component converters, so you could probably figure out
from those whether the signal itself will present any problems.

  http://www.epanorama.net/links/videocircuits.html#rgbyuv

                                                  -Dave Dodge