Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building from CVS on FreeBSD

From: Tom Huppi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building from CVS on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:25:52 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Eric Blossom wrote:

<snip>

> Daniel, I haven't been a BSD user for many years, but it strikes me as
> odd that the aclocal that's being referred to in your make output is
> down under X11R6...

Hi Daniel,

I did get through the configure process and well into the build
process.  I ran into some issues related to what you are seeing,
but none quite so severe.  You night try setting PATH similarly to
what I happen to have:

/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/home/thuppi/bin

and see if some of them go away.

I've been carefull to use the ports collection to install all of
my auto(x) tools in default since if I can figure out how to make
them work that way, it will be more usefull to others (and myself
for that matter.)  I executed the autotools as you have.  It is
odd to me that your aclocal installation looks in
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal.  I have a modest collection of stuff
there, probably from some minor X11 app I built through the ports
infrastructure at some point.  The more robust collection is in
/usr/local/share/aclocal.  I suspect that for whatever reason,
when you specify 'aclocal19', you are finding a neutered version
installed for the purpose of building some (broken) X11 app from
ports.  That is why I recommend looking at your PATH.  Note that
when you 'build' the auto(x) tools, they are 'compiled' to know
where to look for their supporting files via --prefix, so if you
execute the 'wrong' one, it can make a difference.

More later when I get a chance...I've got more complete notes
which I can post on my web site somewhere.

Thanks,

  - Tom