Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A couple of questions on VrAR5000Source

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A couple of questions on VrAR5000Source
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:39:16 +0200

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003, Ian Wraith wrote:
> Hello
>      I am just writing a quick class to allow me to tune my AOR3000
> receiver from within GnuRadio. This is easy enough and I am basing it
> on the code in the VrAR5000Source class. Having looked at that code I
> have a couple of questions ..
>
> 1) What is the purpose of VrGuppiSource which VrAR5000Source is linked
> to ?
>
> 2) Forgive this rather basic question as I am unused to Unix programming
> but why doesn't VrAR5000Source set the serial port communications
> parameters when it opens the serial port ? Am I correct in suspecting
> that to do this would require the program to run from root ?

Sorry Ian, I don't have the answer to your question (I guess it lies in the
source), but I just wanted to bring to your attention the fact that the
newly release Hamlib 1.1.4 has support for the AOR 3000A (not very well
tested though).

The added bonus of using Hamlib will allow someone else with a different
radio to reuse your code, almost as-is.

If you're interrested, there's a web site at http://hamlib.org and
I would be pleased to answer to any of your question.

73's,
Stephane