Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Successful Demonstration of GnuRadio!

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Successful Demonstration of GnuRadio!
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:43:10 -0700

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 08:42:36AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Everybody!
>

> I have just completed a presentation last Thursday on GnuRadio
> with my local ham radio club called OVMRC or Ottawa Valley Mobile
> Radio Club.  Using the equipment that I have available at the time,
> I was able to show the decoding of a narrow band fm signal and what
> the modulation signal looks like with the audio scope.

Great job!

> I took my Yaesu FT-847 and found the 455Khz IF, tapped off of
> it.  Mixed it with a 465Khz LO to get a modulation signal into my
> sound card at 10Khz.  After rewriting some of the codecon/nbfmx.cc
> file to accept source from the sound card I was able to decod the FM
> from a nearby hand talky.

> Also I have been able to acquire a NI-6035e data acquisition card.
> We have rewritten some of the comedi drivers to work with
> GnuRadio. Unfortunately we did not have the drivers in time for the
> demonstration. We are having some data alignment issues with it.  So
> we are asking a small assistance with this, Eric are you able to
> help? :)

Sure.  It's been a while since I looked a comedi (more like 18
months).  Last time I looked, it wasn't obvious to me how to set it up
for continuous streaming.  For our radio apps, if we can't get the A/D
and D/A's to stream, I think it's a non-starter.

Does the existing NI-6035e comedi driver work?
Is there a way to make it stream continuously?
If so, there shouldn't be a problem gluing it into GNU Radio.
We probably ought to have generic comedi sources and sinks, but for
now, let's get your device working.

Let me know how I can help.

> Thanks for the software and the inspiration!
> Mike Kennedy
> Va3TeC

Eric