Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR projects info request !

From: H. R. Myler (@ pbLULU)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR projects info request !
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:21:47 -0500

At 7:02 AM -0700 4/13/03, Saeed Beyty wrote:
Hi Dear GNURadio guys Finally, we decided to build our own Software Radio Hardware, to test the codes we've built yet. but we need some ideas about the different SDR projects which are done or are under construction. So i ask any of you about the SDR projects you're working on or you have heard about, please tell me about the project spesifications, the goal, the hardware you built , the OS you use, and the software arcithecture you implemented. Even a very little info will be very useful for us, We'll appriciate any URL links too. Thanks -- Saeed

Hello Saeed,

Here at Lamar University I am hacking away (as time permits) on getting the gnu software to compile and build on Mac OS X (what a nightmare). If the build happens, then I'll start playing with getting data in. My current direction is to use a Microtune module + A/D Chip + IDE/FireWire Board. I also have a good number of TI 6711 DSK boards in a lab that would make a nifty AM receiver just off the microphone input. That may be a good ugrad student project.

We are also reviving our old shield room as a "Software Radio Development Lab". To make things easier we'll just put an x86 box in to minimize the start-up hassles.

Harley Myler
KC4ZVF