[Discuss-gnuradio] New to the group

From: Paul Zawada
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to the group
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:10:26 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all

I am starting to work in the SDR area and planning to start out by
building myself a GNU Radio platform to play with...  Hopefully in
the long term I will be able to contribute to the project and add to
the momentum.

I've got a pretty good grasp on how to put something together..   I'm
planning on using the Microtune tuner and I have a few novice questions.

First of all, how do I get one of these units?  Do I contact Microtune
directly or do they sell small quantities through a distributor network?
Is there someone at Microtune that knows what the GNU Radio project is and
may streamline the process?

Secondly, I've seen some of the discussion regarding the Microtune eval
board...  Has anyone built their own adaptor board?  I'm not adverse to
trying to roll my own on a piece of perf- or copper-clad board if the
consensus is that the Microtune board is a waste of $500.

Any other tips for putting one of these boxes together?

Thanks in advance,

--zawada

Paul J. Zawada, PE    |   Principal Network Research Engineer
address@hidden       |   National Center for Supercomputing Applications
+1 217 649 2233       |   University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign