[Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: [DSP-RADIO] linrad

From: Steve Schear
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: [DSP-RADIO] linrad
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 23:47:42 -0700

From: "Leif Asbrink" <address@hidden>
To: "'VHF-DX-Discuss'" <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>,
        <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
Subject: [DSP-RADIO] linrad
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:50:48 +0200
Sender: address@hidden

"Leif Asbrink" <address@hidden>
Hi,

linrad (Linux Radio) is the new name for my software radio.

The latest version, linrad00-21 can be run on a Pentium 60MHz
or better to process the output from an ordinary SSB receiver.

The processing gives the power spectrum averaged as
specified by the operator and a waterfall graph.
By clicking the mouse on a signal the computer locks
to the signal an follows it to keep it centered in a narrow
filter. This is AFC, automatic frequency control.

Currently the only mode present is for weak CW signals
( EME ). Other modes will be incorporated at a later stage
when the program is somewhat more tested

At the present time the AFC can only be used in the
noiseblanker mode. AFC will be present in all weak
CW modes and then narrowband signals like the output
of an ordinary radio can be processed on older computers.

With modern hardware linrad can process 2 x 94kHz
bandwidth and the sensitivity is high enough to detect all
copyable EME signals - and a lot of signals weaker than that.

If any of this seems interesting, go to one of the links below

Primary site:
http://ham.te.hik.se/~sm5bsz/linuxdsp/linrad.htm
UK mirror:
http://www.g7rau.co.uk/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/linrad.htm
US mirror:
http://nitehawk.com/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/linrad.htm

The material is new. If you find something that
is hard to understand or seems incorrect please send
me an E-mail.

If you can install linrad and make it run satisfactorily as
a receiver - and if you are willing to assist other radio
amateurs who have similar hardware, please send a description
of your hardware and your comments to the system.
If I get several answers I will make a separate Internet page
with a listing of amateurs who are willing to assist in getting
started. For most amateurs, the big problem is to get Linux
running.

Before adding new functions I would like to have the program
well debugged at the present level.
Any comment is most welcome.

73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ