directvnc-user

Re: [Directvnc-user] compiling on Debian/PPC for iMac hardware

From: Stefan Nickl
Subject: Re: [Directvnc-user] compiling on Debian/PPC for iMac hardware
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:02:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Till Adam wrote:

> > I only had to apply some endian fixes that would lead to
> > a) no vnc-connection
> > b) swapped colors
> > (see http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/directvnc-user/2003-07/threads.html)
> > No reaction from the maintainer whatsoever.
>
> I have to apologize, I have been sadly neglecting this baby, I'm afraid.
>
> Ok, there are some unreleased fixes in cvs and there's the endianess stuff I
> haven't looked at yet. I'd be willing to do a release integrating that in the
> next few days provided you guys on this list help me out a bit with
> packaging, testing, etc. There are a few folks on this list and at least one

That's good to hear, it's because it was my first contact with directvnc,
and I was just afraid the project may be dead.

> or two have expressed interest in helping with directvnc, so this would be a
> good opportunity to get involved. If someone steps up, I'd happily pass on
> maintainership or, failing that, release coordinator responsibility for
> directvnc. Any and all help is appreciated. This is a very small project with

I will have my hardware available for some time to come, and I would be
happy to do some more testing.

I used directvnc for a demo that might win our company a project,
if this doesn't happen, I'm afraid I won't be able to spend much time
on directvnc.

> a small user base, as far as I can tell, and I'm very much busy with other
> projects so it doesn't really have the highest priority for me. If you feel
> it deserves better, please consider stepping up and taking responsibility.
> There are certainly a bunch of improvements that could be made.

CU, SN

--
The UNIX equivalent of the "Blue Screen of Death" would be called
"kernel panic". It obviously exists, since I have heard and read about it,