directvnc-user

[Directvnc-user] I cannot get the directvnc running in my system

From: Calvin Fang
Subject: [Directvnc-user] I cannot get the directvnc running in my system
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:42:42 -0700

Hi:

I had installed directfb and directvnc successfully in my system but
could get it running. Here is my situation:

System:
1. Sony notebook PCG-F560 which uses P-III and Neomagic video card.
2. OS: RedHat 7.2 (Kernel version 2.4.7-10)

Install:
1. DirectFB 0.9.12
2. DirectVNC 0.7
3. Installed DirectFB successfully (No error megs.) Configured according
   to the Readme.
4. Installed directvnc successfully (No error msgs.)

Run:
1. Used Normal ATT-VNC server. ( Which successfully talked vncviewer
before.)
2. started directvnc as "direcvnc 192.168.11.120:1"
   Then I got nothing.
   No error message, no password request.

What did I do wrong? Or did I miss anything?
Thanks.

Regards!

Calvin Fang
OTC Wireless, Inc.