Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Developing free non-gnu operating systems

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Developing free non-gnu operating systems
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 13:25:54 +0300

* Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> [2021-10-06 12:04]:

> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > * Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo@cyberdimension.org> [2021-09-30 17:11]:
> > > Guix has some of these programming language package managers too.
> > > The
> > > advantage of Guix over other distributions here is that it is in
> > > better
> > > position to fix things if something goes wrong.
> >
> > This reminds me of the issue I have filed in Guix and which was
> > competely ignored since years related to GPL liense compliance, which
> > was re-filed and mentioned again and then again ignored.
>
> Please tell us the issue numbers so that we can see the discussions.
>
> (Ignoring your submissions may have coincided with your pattern of abusive
> behavior on our mailing lists.)

Ricardo, which abusive behavior? I never use bad words. I have
presented issues, now you make it personal?

Which is your mailing list? I don't remember that I was subscribed, it
could be.

Regarding the issue, if you really wish to solve it, I have presented
it here and you can maybe try to explain it.

When user downloads a substitute, is substitute on HTTP server? Please
provide example and link of a substitute. Then we move to next step.

My question related to GPLv2/v3 compliance is very genuine. I wish
myself to understand if Guix strategic setup complies to it, or
not. And my best wish is that it complies.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman