Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Criteria for Android applications

From: Ron Nazarov
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Criteria for Android applications
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 16:00:17 +0100

On Sat, 2021-08-21 at 14:42 +0000, knowledgeofnations@outlook.com
wrote:
> So, for example, not promoting stuff like NewPipe (a YouTube client)
> and Aurora Store (a Google Play Store client)?
I think NewPipe would be allowed (as I don't think it runs any nonfree
software or promotes using nonfree software), but Aurora Store would
not be allowed, as it promotes apps in the Play Store (many of which
are nonfree).

Also, wouldn't Guix (and probably other FSDG-compliant distributions)
have the same issue with packaging pip and npm (Guix contains both)?