hackint IRC channel for FSD

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: hackint IRC channel for FSD
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 20:59:45 -0400

I noticed that recently #fsd@hackint was removed from the Friday IRC
Meeting section of <https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page>.

On June 25 2021 I was talking to kindling the founder of #fsd@hackint
channel.  They said #fsd@hackint will now be used for discussion of
other topics besides the Free Software Directory.  I suggested to
kindling that they create other channels and leave #fsd for Free
Software Directory but they did not respond to that suggestion.

kindling changed the topic and entry message for #fsd@hackint and also
changed the channel to invite only.

I have registered the #free-software-directory channel on hackint. That
channel could be used as a replacement for #fsd@hackint channel and
added to the Friday IRC Meeting section of
<https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page> if that is desirable.

I think it is nice to have another option for people in addition to
Libera. hackint came up many times in the FSF and GNU community IRC
meeting. hackint has a easy registration process that does not use
Google captcha or JavaScript.