Re: Bendikker's changes to gnu package entries

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: Bendikker's changes to gnu package entries
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 17:26:55 -0400

Donald Robertson <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3/21/20 3:58 AM, Mikko Viinamäki wrote:
>> Hi there! Directory user Bendikker has taken upon himself to add some
>> things to all gnu package entries.
>>
>> From the mouth of the horse:
>> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/User:Bendikker#Standard_links_I_add_for_GNU_packages
>>

>> Example edit:
>> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Avl&diff=77209&oldid=39110
>>
>> Approved revision with such changes: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Gnucad
>
> In general I think having nice formatted standard text for GNU packages
> is a plus. The only one that gives me pause is the text for
> decommissioned packages telling people to email the generic maintainers
> email address. Maybe that change was done in discussion with the folks

We also want to be careful with the donation links -- while it's true
that donations would support a lot of infrastructure and other support
that is important for GNU, we shouldn't imply that donations at the
general FSF donation link are restricted to supporting that particular
package. Not all GNU packages are hosted on FSF infrastructure, also.

-john

--
John Sullivan | he/his/him | Executive Director and VP, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.