Re: [directory-discuss] Any admin available to review PeerTube?

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Any admin available to review PeerTube?
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 10:27:51 -0400

Ted Teah <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, 2018-06-23 at 16:04 -0400, John Sullivan wrote:
>> It's been in the news a lot lately due to YouTube's haywire takedown
>> algorithms. Looks like someone created an entry but it's not been
>> approved yet: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/PeerTube
>>
>> Can someone with review abilities take a look?
>
> I've looked at.  I cn't be certain of all the interactions so something
> non-free might be involved, this is just cynical speculation.  There is
> a top level AGPL. The license hygiene isn't great.  The README.md on
> github includes the license header block for the AGPL.
>
> Yea/nya it?

I think as long as a top-level license and a clear statement of
licensing intent are present (which it sounds like they are, between the
AGPL file and the README.md), with no indications of proprietary
licensing for any files, we can accept that.

If a volunteer has the time, it'd be great to submit patches to PeerTube
to add the per-file license headers, but I don't think that's necessary
for them to be added to the Directory.

-john

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.