Re: [directory-discuss] guix tags that could be automatically extracted

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] guix tags that could be automatically extracted
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 10:04:55 -0300

NOTE: I'm confused as to which mailing list I should reply (other
people, not the original author, posted to other mailing lists), so I'll
keep this thread/topic in the original mailing list.

In my opinion we could make an importer, from Guix to the Free Software
Directory, like what is done to the packages from the Debian project ---
I assume that the software used to import from Debian to the FSD does
exist as others say, but I might be wrong.

But I also share the same opinion as some of the people who replied to
the crosspost made in the related thread in the guix-devel mailing list:
I don't think doing the inverse by default would be practical. Now
personally speaking: It's not because I don't trust the FSD, in fact, I
trust it more than most packagers in the free/libre system
distributions, but depending on the entries on the FSD to make the
packages could be a loss on the auto-sufficiency described in
[[https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html#complete-distros]].

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com