Re: [directory-discuss] DBpedia - open data sets and the FSD

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] DBpedia - open data sets and the FSD
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:35:05 +0100

Hi.

"Greg Rundlett (freephile)" <address@hidden> writes:

> The DBpedia project aims to interconnect the world's open data sets. I made
> a new page in the FSD (which needs to be approved) to suggest a strategy
> for making the FSD interoperable with WikiPedia and by extension, the
> DBpedia.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to read your proposal, but that reminds me
of some announcement that was made by Loïc Dachary on that very list
months ago about "Matching wikidata with Free Software Directory" :

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/directory-discuss/2016-09/msg00001.html

I guess there might be quite some overlap of use cases in both
initiatives (at least just from reading the messages on the ML).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER