[directory-discuss] Free Software DIrectory Database Backup

From: Marta Rogers
Subject: [directory-discuss] Free Software DIrectory Database Backup
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 20:39:27 +0100

Hello,

does the Free Software Directory have periodic backups of its database
somewhere? If it doesn't, would it be possible for somebody to setup a cron job
to save periodic dumps of the FSD database?
The data is released under GFDL, but it's currently impossible to use it. It's
like having a free, obfuscated javascript: it is free, but it's practically
impossible to reuse. This is what the data in the FSD looks like.

Thank you for your time and understanding, I hope somebody will consider my
email and actually reply.