Re: [directory-discuss] Antifeatures - Blacklist

From: David Hedlund
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Antifeatures - Blacklist
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 23:18:00 +0100

On 2016-12-16 23:14, Ian Kelling wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2016, at 03:31 AM, David Hedlund wrote:
I just added a new section:
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Antifeatures#Blacklist

I added "Web of Trust - WOT" to it.

Is there anything else that we should add there?

Per our guidelines, software with malware is not included in the
directory and should be treated the same way as other software which is
rejected for inclusion. Thus, it should not have a place in the
anti-features page. For the same reason, blacklist should not be an
anti-feature. I'm removing it.

I think it would be useful to blacklist well known proprietary software in case anyone try to add entries for them.