Re: [directory-discuss] GNU LibreJS resource demanding

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] GNU LibreJS resource demanding
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 13:11:28 -0400

On 05/22/2015 12:03 PM, Greg Rundlett (freephile) wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I don't think the directory entry should contain the sentence "GNU
> LibreJS is currently very resource demanding."  Because it's ephemeral
> and unqualified and I couldn't find more information about that
> statement, even on the project page.  In short, the directory is a
> listing, not a review.

I agree. If LibreJS required something like 10 fold increase in memory
usage when compared to browsing the web with JS enabled and no LibreJS
running, then I think it would be worth mentioning. But, that simply
isn't the case.

>      The LibreJS project is seeking more JavaScript programmers to help
>     maintain this browser extension. If you want to help, send an email
>     to <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>.

We might want to figure out better ways to handle this sort of thing.
Most projects need help. Also, have you asked nikolas if he is OK with
having his email address on entry like that?

--
Joshua Gay
Licensing & Compliance Manager  <http://www.fsf.org/licensing>